154 Jackson Street
Guided Fashion Tour
Only 10 minutes driving from central Wellington, Petone is Wellington’s only Historic Shopping Precinct.
Petone is the birth place of New Zealand’s industrial revolution and where the first European Settlers landed on 22 January 1840.
We, at the Jackson Street Programme, have put our heads together to create an unique and informative tour for fashion lovers and local enthusiasts alike.
Your tour guide, Frances Hamilton, has a wide range of skills to help you express yourself with confidence – whether it be enhancing your own individual style or with current fashion trends.
She is passionate about New Zealand designed and made clothing and homewares. Her love for people, fabrics, colours and style will be obvious as she guides you through six of Jackson Street’s boutiques.
Throughout the tour you will be given historical information about some of the interesting quirks of Petone and the people that originally settled in this delightful town.
After a morning of feasting your eyes on Jackson Street’s desirable fashion houses and filling your eyes with unique historical stories you will be treated to delicious platters at one of Petone’s most iconic restaurants.
Information about the tour
- 3 hour tour which starts at NZique located at 154 Jackson Street, Petone
- A stylist who will be your guide for the tour
- Meet the local designers
- Introduce you to six local designers
- Finish with a shared platters at a well-respected restaurant
- Allow 3 hours for the tour (3.5 hours including travel from Wellington)
- Minimum 4 people, maximum 8 people
- Minimum numbers may depend on other bookings
- Private Tours and rates are negotiable
- Vegetarian meals and Gluten Free Meals available on request.
- $85.00 p/p or $95.00 with wine*
*Current Rates as at the 1st March 2017
- Petone is just 10 minutes from central Wellington and easily accessible by train, bus or car. Even easier if you are staying local with our many accommodation offerings.
- Petone is the only Heritage Precinct in the Wellington Region.
Tours Coordinator, Jackson Street Programme